Travelling from the Cheddi Jagan International Airport (CJIA) to Georgetown, Guyana’s capital city, can be a daunting task. With no public transport options available, the only way to get to your destination is by taxi. But how much does it cost? This blog post will answer that question and provide useful information about travelling from CJIA to Georgetown by taxi.
The fare for a taxi ride from CJIA to Georgetown is approximately GYD$7000 (USD$35). This fare includes the cost of tolls and other fees associated with the journey. It is important to note that this price may vary depending on the time of day, traffic conditions, and other factors. It is advisable to confirm the fare with your driver before beginning your journey.
Tips for Taking a Taxi from CJIA
When taking a taxi from CJIA, it is important to take certain precautions in order to ensure a safe and comfortable journey. Here are some tips for taking a taxi from CJIA:
– Make sure you are in an official airport taxi. These taxis are usually yellow in colour and have “Taxi” written on them in large letters.
– Ask your driver for their ID card before beginning your journey. This will help you verify that you are dealing with an official driver who has been authorised by the airport authorities.
– Have exact change ready before getting into the taxi as most drivers do not accept credit cards or foreign currency.
– If possible, try to book your taxi in advance so that you can be sure of getting a reliable driver who knows their way around town.
– Make sure you know exactly where you want to go before getting into the taxi as some drivers may try to take advantage of tourists by taking them on long detours or charging extra fees for services they did not request.
– Always keep your belongings close at hand and be aware of your surroundings during the journey as there have been reports of robberies occurring in taxis near CJIA.
Additional Transportation Options Near CJIA
If you don’t want to take a taxi from CJIA, there are other transportation options available near the airport such as car rental services and private shuttle services which offer transfers between CJIA and various locations around Guyana including Georgetown. These services usually charge more than taxis but they offer greater convenience and comfort than regular taxis do.
Taking a taxi from Cheddi Jagan International Airport (CJIA) is one of the most convenient ways of getting into Georgetown, Guyana’s capital city. The fare for this journey is approximately GYD$7000 (USD$35). However, it is important for travellers to take certain precautions when taking a taxi from CJIA such as making sure they are in an official airport taxi and having exact change ready before beginning their journey. There are also other transportation options available near CJIA such as car rental services and private shuttle services which offer transfers between CJIA and various locations around Guyana including Georgetown but these usually charge more than taxis do